21 August 2008

Family History newbies needed

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is developing a new version of the FamilySearch.org Web site. This new Web site will help individuals identify ancestors and link them to families, and it will help Church members perform temple ordinances for their ancestors.

Can you volunteer an hour of time to help evaluate this new Web site? Do you know someone else who might be interested? We are looking for feedback to help make the Web site as easy and enjoyable to use as possible. We are especially interested in feedback from individuals who are new to family history. Anyone over age 18 interested in participating in this evaluation is invited to go to the following Internet address to sign-up:

http://labs.familysearch.org/temple/static/signup.htm

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm. We greatly value your time and opinion.

Sincerely,
The FamilySearch User Experience Evaluation Team
Family History Department
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

3 comments:

James said...

I'll add it to the announcements in church this Sunday.

Audra said...

Ok... We just had our family search thingy go live and we had a little thing on it for a joint priesthood and RS... because honestly, I never understood the whole process of doing geneology and submitting names. But now... you will be happy to know... I AM SO EXCITED! Now THIS makes sense to me! This does not have a ton of steps that I do not get. This allows me to see what everyone else has already done (because I had a problem in my family of a little bit done somewhere and little bit done somewhere else)! Honestly, I think it is the coolest thing ever. I have not signed up yet, but plan on doing so this week and am so excited about it!!!

See, I ain't so good at paperwork and organization. You used to have to be super organized and keep A LOT of paperwork in the right order. If the computer does it all for me, I can DO THIS! Woo-hoo!

Christie said...

Yay! It sounds like you're catching the vision. Let me know if you have ay questions as you get started. I'd be glad to help. Just be sure you remember the . after new (new.familysearch.org) Almost everyone in the Branch who has gone to use it for the first time on their own ends up calling me and that's the first question I ask.