15 April 2008

While Mommy is away....

.... Amelia watches Riverdance!


Amelia is very much attached to Mommy. She has a proximity alarm that goes off if Christie gets more than 3 feet away from her or out of direct line of sight.

Once a week Christie goes by herself to Monahans for Weight Watchers meetings (and a little sanity break). Obviously, Amelia isn't too thrilled with this. We thought I would just have to tough it out until Christie comes home or Amelia grows out of her separation anxiety. Then I found a (partial) answer by accident.

I was sorting through my anime music videos, and I had one playing set to some Riverdance music. Amelia focused on the computer and let me hold her without fussing while the video played. As soon as it ended, she started fussing, so I pulled up another one. Again, it had her attention. Other music didn't work; only Irish fiddle music works. I only have a few videos, and most AMVs use other kinds of music, so I had to get creative.

Youtube to the rescue! I've been playing around finding funny videos there (Star Wars and Harry Potter trailer with 133t subtitles) and figured I could look for Riverdance clips. Yup! All the Irish fiddle music Amelia could want! Here's the one she's watching in the picture. She even likes to dance with Daddy to the music.

4 comments:

Katie said...

That is GREAT! I am so happy for you and Amelia that you were able to find a partial solution! And Riverdance rocks!

Ashley said...

Roy uses a lot of You Tube stuff to entertain/distract the kids while I'm gone. Yay for random internet stuff!

Grandma Blair said...

For james it was the Hooked on Classics tapes. No matter where the tapes were hidden he wpuld find them and get his little tape player and play the "Lone Ranger theme over and over again until the tape would wear out and we would have to buy another one!

Audra said...

Too cute! You are training her well!