29 February 2008

A very special anniversary

Four years ago today was a very rare occurance...a 5th Sunday in February. I really don't remember all that much about that day except that I ended up browsing on LDS Planet. I'd been on there about 6 weeks and hadn't really found anyone I was impressed with enough to persue. But it was always fun to look.
That night I felt impressed to change one thing in my search criteria and came across an intriguing profile. He was funny (started off with a joke), ambitious (a pilot and a PhD student), and somehow seemed quite approachable. His screen name was Blairbear1.
I had no idea my life was about to change forever. I just thought it would be a good step forward for me to have the guts to answer his intro questions. I certainly didn't hold my breath waiting for a response. I have my journal entries to prove it. I was thinking more about the fact that I was getting a new nephew the next day (and I thought Sabina should have planned the C-section for Leap Day!).
That Wednesday I was surprised by a response that was even lengthier than mine and life would never be the same.
I can't believe it's been 4 years. I can't believe it's been longer than I had been in Texas at that time. I can't believe all we've through in that time. I can't believe I have my wonderful Blairbear1 and my two beautiful daughters.
How did I get so lucky?

3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Congrats on finding each other & being so happy!

Ashley said...

Aww, what a nice post! I wish I could remember the exact date Roy and I very first communicated online.

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

It can't be 4 years! I remember how happy you were and I was so happy for you! Wow! Only 4 years?